Letter

 LETTER (पत्र)


Definition (परिभाषा)


English:

A letter is a written message sent by one person to another person or organization to express ideas, feelings, information, requests, complaints, or suggestions.


Hindi:

पत्र एक लिखित संदेश है जिसके माध्यम से कोई व्यक्ति अपने विचार, भावनाएँ, सूचनाएँ, अनुरोध, शिकायतें अथवा सुझाव किसी अन्य व्यक्ति या संस्था तक पहुँचाता है।



---


Types of Letters (पत्रों के प्रकार)


UP Board के अनुसार पत्र मुख्यतः दो प्रकार के होते हैं:


1. Informal Letters (अनौपचारिक पत्र)


ये पत्र मित्रों, रिश्तेदारों तथा परिवार के सदस्यों को लिखे जाते हैं।


Examples:


Letter to a friend.


Letter to father asking for money.


Letter to brother about studies.


Letter congratulating a friend.




---


2. Formal Letters (औपचारिक पत्र)


ये पत्र किसी अधिकारी, प्रधानाचार्य, संपादक, संस्था या कार्यालय को लिखे जाते हैं।


Examples:


Application for leave.


Application for fee concession.


Letter to the Editor.


Complaint Letter.


Application for Character Certificate.




---


Example of an Informal Letter


Sender's Address:

Gandhi Nagar, Sumerpur, Hamirpur


Date:

23 September 2026


Dear Friend,


I hope you are fine. I am also fine here. I am writing this letter to invite you to my birthday party. Please come and make the occasion memorable.


Yours lovingly,

Anoop



---


Example of a Formal Letter


Sender's Address:

Gandhi Nagar, Sumerpur, Hamirpur


Date:

23 September 2026


To,

The Principal,

ABC Inter College, Hamirpur


Subject: Application for Leave.


Sir,


I beg to say that I am suffering from fever. Therefore, I cannot attend school for two days. Kindly grant me leave.


Thanking you.


Yours obediently,

Anoop Kumar

Class X



---


UP Board Exam Definition (Learn This)


A letter is a written communication used to convey information, feelings, requests, complaints, or ideas from one person to another person or organization.


Types of Letters:


1. Informal Letters (Personal Letters)



2. Formal Letters (Official Letters)




Short Exam Answer (2 Marks):

Letter is a written means of communication. It is mainly of two types: Informal Letter and Formal Letter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 9th summer vacation

Class 10th Summer Vacation Work

Class 12th Summer Vacation 🌞